Practice facilities and equipment have been extensively modernised, and we can now offer a broad range of investigative and surgical options which were not available a few years ago. We are, however, happy to refer cases to specialist centres if necessary.
We are happy to be able to offer clients:-
- Open surgeries (drop in and take your turn) or the option of appointments
- Parking outside on Station Road or nearby car parks
- In patient care based at the surgery
- Disabled, wheelchair friendly, no stairs entrance to the rear - let us know you're coming and we will listen for the bell.
- In house blood screening and haematology
- Home visits (days)
- Virus testing for cats
- Premate testing for bitches, choice of in house or commercial lab
- Ultrasound scanning, both diagnostic and bitch/feline pregnancy testing
- Nurse appointments for minor procedures or second vaccinations
- Cat/small pet friendly 'quiet' waiting room
- Dedicated 'quiet' in patient ward
- Isolation kennel for infective patients
- Wide range of surgical and orthopaedic options - we refer very few surgical cases elsewhere!
- Small animal endoscopy
- Weight clinics (run by RVN). No consultation charge when purchasing diet food from us.
- Digital x-ray development
- Modern anaesthetics and monitoring.
- Pre-anaesthetic blood testing and health screening for older pets
- Advanced, modern dentistry, including rabbits and small pets
- We are happy to treat and neuter ferrets
- DEFRA LVI vet for small animal exports and the Pet Passport scheme
- Private cremations (Forget-me-Not Pet Crematorium) for pets. Horses can be cremated by the Pets Crematorium (number supplied on request)
- Wide range of specialist diets
- Consultations with the vet of your choice (provided on duty)
- BVA Hip Dysplasia/Elbow scheme X-rays
- Blood sampling for Health Scheme DNA testing
- Exotic pets welcomed
- Dedicated, quiet 'final visit' consulting room for peace and dignity. Sedation or anaesthesia used for a peaceful passing by nervous or anxious pets.
- Kennel Club BOAS testing for Pugs, French and English Bulldogs
We also offer acupuncture consultations for both small and large animals.
Geldings and Minor Surgical Proceedures
We also have a good relationship with several of the specialist equine practices in the area and refer complex cases for detailed investigaions or internal surgery.
We are happy to treat all of the usual farm species, and have DEFRA vet for required testing. Accounts available by prior arrangement.